|The Red Rider|
A couple of weeks ago after a couple great rides, I logged into my Garmin Connect Dashboard and set a couple small spring goals. They were as follows:
- 300 Miles in 30 Days (300/30)
- 30,000 feet of accent in 30 Days (30,000/30) easy to do in Utah as any ride of length is going to rack up vertical climb.
|Lord Voldemort. A.K.A He who will remain Nameless|
|Please don't confuse LV with my favorite Wizard|
Last week I even noted the positive observations:
- Daylight Savings (More Light at night)
- Warmer, warmer, warmer:
- Removed stupid booties (who named them that?) from shoes, went to toe covers. (Try stretching those over a size 48 Euro)
- Shed thermal jackets, looking for arm warmers,
- Lobster Claws to full finger glove, to fingerless
- Broke out the short bibs (Nasa’s reported extreme glare located near SLC, Utah)
Then the rain came, it rained or had been forecasted to rain 10 of the last 14 days. Which brings me to a “new beef” with TV News weather reports. I missed out on several commutes to work because the forecast was for rain, only to be sitting at work looking at sunny, ride worthy days and it sprinkled a little at 10:00 AM. I curse you, weather people and I curse you Iphone Apps. Side Note, I have a new app that I now love, see this review here Product Reviews
All this rage has taught me that you can’t beat Mother Nature, I have been pushing my luck, tempting fate, and finally slap for my insolence. Woke up to this yesterday to this.......