Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Who is Rodzilla?

Rodzilla is beast of a rider, Over 6'6" and weighing in at 275 lbs this is a force of nature you do not want to be in front of, well at least when he is going downhill. However if you do find yourself behind me you will be in a vacuum of space, time and any wind interference.

Hi I am Rodzilla....A.K.A Rodney.

I think like most middle age men it seems as though the words "use to" gets used more and more often. I use to be able to dunk a basketball, I use to be able to run a sub 24 minute 5k, I use to be able to fit into a pair of 34" waist Levis (32" Gerbauds in High school)

Well after a brutal knee injury: torn ACL, PCL, and partially torn MCL, changing jobs twice, a divorce and several relocations, a new marriage, followed by a 5 year ripening phase, I have finally decided to get up off the couch and get back to work. Personally it was the fact that I was nearing 300 lbs and got winded walking to the mailbox followed by the pain of trying to locate dress pants.  I defy any of you to find a pair of 42x34 dress pants other than at Mr. Mac circa 1980 warehouse (I guess when you gain weight, by default you shrink down a few inches)

I know your all thinking it, and yes I found a frame that doesn't collapse under the amount of pressure I put on it, and no it isn't a steel frame.

So I had two choices; First I could send a resume to the Green Bay Packers and ask them if they had an openings for their offensive line, or I could get back to my formal self, which is almost a third of me.


Musical Interlude ......Nine Inch Nails: If I were twice the man I could be, I would still be half of what you need. Sorry I tend to do that.

Anyway, this blog was a fun way for me to document my progress on losing weight, getting into biking, sharing rides with friends, and review cool biking products.

I hope you enjoy....

No comments:

Post a Comment