Friday, May 13, 2011

Justice

So here I lay in bed, awake and unable to drift into a restful state of sleep. My mind was spinning ever since the'deebs told me that La Canadian beat my best time for ascending the top of the beast from the south east a.k.a. Suncrest by a solid 3 minutes.

Now don't get me wrong La Canadian is a solid rider, getting better and stronger ever day, but something just didn't seem right about this claim. The deebs sent me garmin confirmation that she did in fact beat my best time, but yet still something wasn't right...


Well sir, I cry foul.

The Dude: Walter, ya know, it's Smokey, so his toe slipped over the line a little, big deal. It's just a game, man.
Walter Sobchak: Dude, this is a league game, this determines who enters the next round robin. Am I wrong? Am I wrong?
Smokey: Yeah, but I wasn't over. Gimme the marker Dude, I'm marking it 8.
Walter Sobchak: [pulls out a gun] Smokey, my friend, you are entering a world of pain.
The Dude: Walter...
Walter Sobchak: You mark that frame an 8, and you're entering a world of pain.
Smokey: I'm not...
Walter Sobchak: A world of pain.
Smokey: Dude, he's your partner...
Walter Sobchak: [shouting] Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a poop about the rules? Mark it zero!

This aggression will not stand, man.

Lets go to the tell of the tape. Please bring up the instant reply and lets break this down.

Tell of the Tape



As you can see, deebers clearly stats, "hit your split time right up here at the flagpole" ohhhhhh ouchhhh flag pole looks like it is almost near the top of the first half of the climb. We have clearly set the maker to be at the Walgreens at the very bottom of the hill. This flag pole is at least 5 minutes away from the official earlier declared starting point.

Again Lets review the exhibit below, please feel free to pan around, zoom in and out. I can't even see Walgreen from here, but I can see the Flag Pole. 


View Larger Map

So you see Deebs, if you mark that a win you are entering a world of pain. I say Smokey La Canadian is clearly over the line, and as such DQ from eclipsing the Rodzilla time of the accent to Suncrest. Still an admirable climb, but still shy of the Rodzilla record.

Bailiff: All rise!

“Your Honour, members of the jury, today my colleague and I represented the "Rodzilla" in this case and have clearly shown through the exhibits that: the challenged should be found not beaten and if any of you have any doubt you must render a verdict of not beaten.

Your Honor. May it please the Court, ladies and gentlemen of the blog. Mr. Deebers, Mrs. Deebers. I, wish to echo the Commonwealth in thanking you for your patience and participation in reviewing this case.

I know it has not been an easy task for you. It has been difficult for you and your family members and counsel on both sides of this grievous issue. There is nothing pleasant about this case. I want you to know that I take no pride or satisfaction in this matter There is nothing that is very pretty. The pictures you have been shown are extremely distasteful. What has happened to this innocent victim is terrible. There is no excuse for what happened to him, to be called out like this, it is just a shame.



All I ask is you do one of two things today. You can either find Team deebers not guilty by reason of insanity, and you have to reach down to your conscience to do that. I have no delusions about that. It is a very difficult decision. We bear the burden of proof and I believe I have proved my case to you.

The preponderance of the evidence has been stated, and if you cannot reach that conclusion, I ask you to find them guilty of committing a foul of being over the line. La Canadian was not the offender. she was not the operative behind the foul , nor was she the idea man. She was a follower. She was a pawn molded like a piece of clay to im(deebers), had she started at the offical start she may very well have been victorious. Please do not judge her solid ride in fact offer her kudos, rather focus your angry on one man, the ring leader. im(deebers)


I rest my Case
Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. I salute any opportunity to quote scripture and verse from the Big Lebowski, but the bottom line is, she beat you my friend. The only reasonable response is to strap it on and dig deeper. No more 8 chocolate chip cookie nights and 100 mile in the saddle weeks for you. Let this serve as a wake up call ... (PS you shouldn't need a wake up call, the alarm should have gone off on May 4th when your LOTOJA Lottery hit on all 7 numbers, get to it!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haa haa, You guys are funny!! Well, I hope this matter is settle and we can all move on from the experience.

    ReplyDelete