Saturday, December 29, 2012

End of Season Warp UP....Hardly....! PLUS Your indoor Playlist



Managed to get one last blast up the old Mountain View Corridor (MVC) just before Christmas. The Garmin reported an average temperature of 41 degrees, but I am sure it doesn't take into consideration wind chill.

Nothing like battling an arctic headwind to make you question ever aspect of your performance. I know you know what I am talking about. Those days where you feel like time could have been better spent doing treadmill or indoor trainer or maybe even shoveling snow. I did an easy 22 miles in a less than flattering hour and a half. Yes, that is an awesome average of about 14.2 MPH. People can run faster than that? Well I am not worried, because I know I was pushing with an average Heart Rate of 173. I guess if I were to spend any time worrying about anything it should be salt on the components. As for the performance all you can do is focus on consistency and all things will improve.

Coincidence? I also happen to get very sick the day after Christmas, was this from being with family, or from the ride? Don't know, but battling back and should be good to hit the gym next week, or eh next year...:)



Well stay tuned for some future articles, "Music does it help?" Were this guy (thumbs pointing at my chest) takes a deep dive into the effects music has on making the indoor trainer more bearable. I am also going to share some great music playlists so wait for that posting and in the meantime sample these two gems below. Out of curiosity write back and tell me which song gets you more pumped.


3 comments:

  1. Hmmm...seems a choice between Classic Rock and Alternative. Honestly I like them both, a new twist on a old favorite. Looking forward to a playlist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually don't like mash-ups but I do like these. Probably the first one more than the second. I have one more. This one was on a few of my playlists last summer. Might have to wait till spring to add it to yours:

    http://www.themusicninja.com/great-songs-youve-never-heard-before-indiefolkalternativecillaxmash-up/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This paragraph offers clear idea in favor of the new viewers of blogging, that actually
    how to do running a blog.

    Here is my web-site - How To Hire An Asphalt Driveway Paving Contractor

    ReplyDelete